Have you been sanctioned by the Department of Work and Pensions?
The Jobcentre should tell you why you have been sanctioned.
Money Advice Service (Scotland) says that the best way to avoid sanctions is to do all the things that are set out in your claimant commitment or agreement. Here’s a checklist to help you:
- Make sure you understand all your responsibilities
- Ask your Work Coach or Jobcentre Adviser to explain anything that’s unclear
- Let the Jobcentre know as soon as possible if there’s anything in your agreement that you can’t do, and explain your reasons
- Keep track of all the dates when you have to go to the Jobcentre and any other meetings you have to attend
- Keep a record of all your activities that relate to your benefit requirements. For example, make a note of the time you spend looking for work and any jobs you apply for
- Keep a copy of anything the Jobcentre gives or sends you
We can give you help and advice if you have been sanctioned. You can contact a member of the Social Justice team on 01224 423000 or email us at email@example.com.