Home Energy Advice
Have you had debt on your electric or gas account?
Home Energy Scotland have said that well over half of what we spend on fuel bills goes on heating and hot water. As energy costs go up, it’s even more important to get bills down. There are many things you can do to reduce your bills:
- Turning your appliances off standby mode can save around £30 a year
- Filling the kettle with the amount of water you need can save around £7 a year
- Turning down your room thermostat by just one degree can save around £85 a year
- Turning off your lights when you’re not using them can save around £15 a year
- Using a bowl to wash up rather than running the tap can save around £30 a year
For more quick wins visit the Energy Saving Trust website.
We can help you with advice on how to reduce your bills and the way you use your energy. You can contact a member of the Social Justice team on 01224 423000 or email us at email@example.com.