We want to know when you are unhappy with the service you receive from us. We investigate all complaints according to the Complaints Handling Procedure produced by the Scottish Public Services Ombudsman. This means we have a strict timescale in which we have to resolve your complaint.
Stage 1 Complaints
In the last quarter you raised 54 Stage 1 complaints (those handled at the frontline within 5 working days). This is more than the number of Stage 1 complaints raised in the previous quarter. We upheld 15 of the complaints. We responded to 22 of the 423 Stage 1 complaints within the timescale. This quarter we responded to 81% within the timescale compared to 56% last quarter.
Stage 2 Complaints
In the same period you raised 2 Stage 2 complaints (those complaints assessed by a member of our Senior Management Team and resolved within 20 working days). We upheld none of the complaints and responded to 1 of them within time.
Some quotes from our customer feedback:
- Would have liked an update on how my complaint is being dealt with.
- Quicker response would have been good and an email confirming outcome.
- Better communication. I was left chasing matter up myself.
- I have had no communication of what result came of my complaint
- Before I wrote my letter I was making calls to various staff. These were not dealt with properly and just being passed from dept to dept.
If you would like to give us feedback on your experience of our Complaints Service, please click here.