Help and Support at Christmas 14/12/18
Christmas can be a difficult time of year for some. Here is some information about where you can go for support and hot food if needed.
Please feel free to pass this information to anyone who would benefit from some help and support.
- Salvation Army (Citadel) – winter feeding programme (warm soup and sandwich) runs on Wednesdays between the 7th Nov and the 31st March (finishes for xmas on the 19th Dec and re-starts 9th Jan 2019).
- Fountain of Love Church provides a Christmas dinner on Christmas Eve: 01224 574511.
- Social Bite is closed between from 3pm on the 21st Dec reopening on the 7th Jan. However the café will be open at 516 Union Street, AB10 1TT from 12-3pm on the 24th Dec and 12-4pm on the 25th Dec.
- Breathing space offers a free, confidential phone service for anyone in Scotland experiencing low mood, depression or anxiety. Their opening hours are as follows: Weekdays; Mon – Thurs 6pm to 2pm. Weekends; Friday 6pm to Monday 6am.
- Samaritans: 116 123 – this number is free and can be called from a landline and mobile (Inc. pay-as-you-go)
- Scottish Women’s Aid offer support 24 hours 7 days a week on Scotland’s Domestic Abuse and Forced Marriage Helpline: 0800 027 1234.
- Men’s Advice Line offer a confidential helpline for men experiencing domestic violence from a partner or ex-partner (or from other family members): 0808 801 0327.
Homelessness emergency contacts:
- Aberdeen City Council Homelessness Emergency Out of Hours – 24 hour cover during weekends and public holidays contact no 03000 200292. Homelessness Out of Hours Helpline: 0800 917 6379.
Please click here to visit Facebook for information on the Cyrenians Street Alternatives.