Homes to Buy
Low cost home ownership
You can part-buy your own home. You can buy shares of 25%, 50%, or 75% and pay rent on the remaining share and after one year you can increase your share.
- The following housing associations offer shared ownership schemes:
- Grampian Housing Association
- Castlehill Housing Association (for people over 55 years old)
- Hanover (Scotland) Housing Association (offers the option of 100% purchase).
LIFT is for first time buyers. Tenants of councils, housing associations or co-operatives, or people on the waiting list will have priority.
For more information:
- Visit the The Scottish Government website
- View the LIFT leaflet - English from the downloads menu
- View the LIFT leaflet - Polish from the downloads menu
Open Market Shared Equity Scheme
This scheme is for people on low incomes. You can buy a share of between 60% and 80% of the property and you get a grant to pay for the remaining share.
For more information contact Grampian Housing Association:
Buying on the private market
Aberdeen Solicitors’ Property Centre (ASPC) has information on all the available properties to buy in Aberdeen City and Aberdeenshire.
You can search properties and search the price ranges and view the properties you are interested in.