WE WANT TO HEAR FROM YOU!
Neil Morland and Co. has been commissioned by the Scottish Federation of Housing Associations (SFHA) to write a report and develop a good practice toolkit to support social landlords in Scotland to work as effectively as possible to minimise the number of RSL and local authority tenants who lose their homes due to evictions, abandoning their properties or in any other way that might lead to tenants becoming homeless.
Click to see when the sessions are and how to book a place...
As well as SFHA, the work is being supported by Homeless Network Scotland, Crisis, the Simon Community and the Association of Local Authority Chief Housing Officers (ALACHO).
An important part of the work we want to do is to seek the views and learn from the experiences of RSL and local authority tenants themselves to help understand:
- What makes it more or less likely that a tenancy will fail?
- What can landlords do to reduce the risks of eviction and abandonment from their properties?
- What can other organisations like local authority housing options services, voluntary sector organisations, health services or even the Scottish government do?
- What are the trigger points that can identify the risk of tenancies being lost, where earlier intervention would help?
- How should social landlords prevent and deal with rent arrears as effectively as possible?
- How should social landlords and their partners deal with anti-social behaviour which is causing problems for their tenants?
- How can social landlords and their partners engage more effectively with tenants who are having difficulties?
- Tenants’ experience of examples of social landlords doing things well or not so well to help sustain tenancies.
With the support of TPAS Scotland, we are organising two online Zoom workshops with tenants to discuss these issues.
- Workshop 1. will take place between 2.00p.m and 3.30 p.m. on Thursday 4th November
- Workshop 2. will take place between 10.30am and 12pm on Monday 8th November
Email: email@example.com - please includde which session you would prefer to attend.