You can apply for housing through your local council.
Waiting times can be long and you may never qualify, depending on your priority and your immigration status.
To apply for a house you must fill in an application form online or over the phone and wait until a house becomes available. You will be contacted by the council when this happens.
Aberdeen City Council and Aberdeenshire Council both have access to Language Line (an interpreting service via telephone) and/or face-to-face interpreters if required.
You can apply in the following ways :
- Online at the Apply4homes website
- Contact your local Aberdeenshire Council Housing Office
- If you are homeless, contact your local Aberdeenshire Council Housing Office or phone 08458 40 00 70.
Aberdeen City Council
You can apply in the following ways:
- Fill in a Housing Self Assessment Form – you will then be advised of your housing options and whether or not you have a chance of getting a council property (you can then decide whether or not to fill in an online application form).
- If you are homeless or are at risk of becoming homeless, please visit the Aberdeen City Council website or visit Marischal College on Broad Street. If it is not during office hours phone the emergency helpline number: 01224 620610.