Langstane Housing Aberdeen

State Benefits

The rules governing the rights to benefits for persons from abroad are complex and depend on your immigration status and country of origin.

If you are not a UK citizen or an European Economic Area (EEA) Citizen, you should always seek expert advice because claiming benefits may affect your right to remain in the UK.

No recourse to public funds

If you have been given permission to live in the UK, this permission may include a 'no recourse to public funds' condition. This means you may be not be entitled to certain state benefits, including Housing Benefit and access to council housing.

For further information:

Depending on your Immigration Status and your country of origin, you may be entitled to some benefits and tax credits.

If you are a couple and one of you is subject to immigration control and the other is not, you should seek advice.

For further information:

The following agencies can give you help and advice on state benefits: