Langstane’s roots go back to 1977 when the Association was first created to provide good quality, affordable housing for those who were disadvantaged by the existing housing market. Over 40 years later we provide homes and support to over 2,880 households right across the North East of Scotland. We also provide hostel and affordable commercial accommodation to support agencies and other non-profit making organisations.
Based in the heart of one of the communities served, we pride ourselves in having an excellent social ethos and a strong community focus that not only supports our tenants but also nurtures the relationships we have with the many support agencies operating locally.
Our governing body are volunteers who are as passionate as we are about the work we do.
Working for us
We employ highly dedicated and motivated staff, who care about delivering excellent customer focussed services. We have a personal development framework to demonstrate how staff can develop and grow as individuals and have chosen Quality Scotland as our accreditation standard to work towards.
We are rightly proud of what we achieve and strive for continuous improvement. If we make mistakes we put things right and apologise.
Our staff are key in making sure our vision (to be the best we can be) becomes a reality. In return we can offer a career in an industry that makes a difference to people’s lives.
As part of our drive to provide excellent services, we have introduced our customer care standards. In addition, we are committed to the following values:
We value people
- We put people at the heart of our decision making
- We consult and listen to the views of those involved with the Langstane Group
We aim high
- We work hard to continually improve our services and deliver the services our customers want
- We have a ‘can do’ approach
We are proud of our roots
- We remember our origins, that Langstane Housing Association was set up to help and support single person households who were among the most vulnerable members of our society
- We provide homes not houses and support our tenants to live independently and be active members of our communities
We rely on teamwork
- We work together as one team and with one voice
- We work with our partners to achieve our goals, delivering more together
We are prudent financial managers
- We recognise the importance of maintaining financial strength and use effective financial management to underpin everything we do and help us grow
- We deliver value for money
We are open and accountable
- We provide relevant, accurate, user-friendly information about our performance that allows our tenants and others to hold us to account
- When we make mistakes we apologise and put things right as soon as possible
We move with the times
- We influence decision making to benefit our tenants and our organisation, responding to change with imagination and innovation
- We have a positive outlook regarding the housing industry and those we assist
What we offer
In return for your hard work and dedication we offer an excellent Total Rewards Package.
We offer excellent training facilities, in-house and externally, to assist those who want to advance their career and expand their knowledge.
Our working environment is modern, friendly with a proactive approach towards improving health and safety.
Langstane is a financially sound organisation that is well placed for future growth. As well as being ambitious, we strive to ensure best value is achieved in all our operations.
We want to lead not follow, and we are looking for staff who regularly go that extra mile to ensure that we are seen as the best in the housing sector.
We know we can and do make a difference on a daily basis.